CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reading work stations

We have started reading work stations with some success in my room!  While I am working one-on-one with a student, the other students work with a partner (or by themselves) at a particular reading station. 

This is very difficult in my class for my kindergarten and 1st grade students because they need a lot of  assistance to get them started and prompting to keep them on task.  This is where my terrific assistant Ms. Cathy comes into play.  Bless her heart!  She works hard at keeping them all on task and working in their stations so that I can work with each student.  It's still a wok in progress, but we are getting there!

Logan is finding the kindergarten letters of the week.

Michelle is matching contractions - Ex. He and Will to He'll.

Dalton is matching letters to their sounds.

Billyjo is finding the kindergarten letters of the week, also.

Kenna is finding sight words in beans and circling them on her sheet.

Landon is working at the same work station as Kenna.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment